The muscular system is responsible for the movement of the human body. And the human skeleton is made up of 206 bones, forming the skeletal system, attached to which are about 700 named muscles that make up roughly half of a person’s body weight.Each of these muscles is a discrete organ constructed of skeletal muscle tissue, blood vessels, tendons and nerves. Muscle tissue is also found inside the heart, digestive organs, and blood vessels. In these organs, muscles serve to move substances throughout the body.
Pain or symptoms caused by muscle or connective tissue are described as myofascial. The pain is usually not specific and is often described by the patient as a ‘deep ache’, ‘tightness’ or ‘tenderness’ in an area. It can vary in intensity and radiate to other areas in the body.
Symptoms can also include reduced range of motion of muscles and joints, stiffness, fatigue, weakness, numbness or a tingling sensation. It is possible to experience one, or multiple symptoms depending on your condition.
Total Health practices a mode of musculoskeletal therapy that helps the body to gently re-align and address the cause of structural problems, alignment and muscular skeletal issues.
Musculoskeletal Therapy works on the physical as well as on the emotional level to provide a holistic treatment for your condition or ailment. It is non-invasive, painless, non-manipulative and supports any acute or chronic muscle, spinal, joint problem, or pain.
Treatments are available for women, men, and children of all ages.
Common issues that MST can support include:
- Sporting and occupational injuries
- Stiffness and pain associated with poor posture
- Associated joint and vertebral dysfunction and pain
- Acute and chronic conditions affecting function and mobility
- Scoliosis and kyphosis
- Headaches and migraines
- Acute and chronic stiff and painful neck
- Jaw and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) issues
- Chronic overuse symptoms – tendonitis, RSI, tennis/golfer’s elbow, carpal tunnel
- Acute and chronic back and spinal pain / ‘sciatica’
- Shoulder pain, impingement syndrome, frozen shoulder
- Hand and finger numbness / tingling – thoracic outlet syndrome
- Hip, knee, leg, ankle and foot pain – shin splints, patella tracking dysfunction, runners’ knee, ankle sprains
- Arthritis and multiple Sclerosis
- Pregnancy – pre and postnatal complaints
- Chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia
- Pain and dysfunction associated with stress and tension
- Rehabilitative stage of an injury or illness
- Pre, post and failed surgical conditions
- Emotional and neurological conditions and issues associated with the musculoskeletal system
- Connective tissue disorders such as Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, Marfan syndrome, Lupus and Pertes disease
How to Book
Sessions are available online or in-person
in Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
Latest Webinar Events
Total Health offers webinars providing insights into many aspects of health and well-being. See our calendar to register for upcoming events or purchase our webinar recordings.
Total Health News
Have you joined our newsletter yet?
Recipes to inspire and health tips in every edition, as well as upcoming webinars, clinic and health & well-being updates you won’t want to miss.